On this installment of Whipple Wednesday, Jesse brought us his 2017 Chevrolet SS to create the perfect American family sedan, injected with a little bit of Aussie spirit! Following the desired Holden HSV GTS setup that we never got stateside, this SS features something the SS's should've come with in America......BOOST!
Pre-existing modifications performed by us:
• AIRAID air-intake system
• Stainless Works 1.78" primary ID catted long-tube headers
• MSD Performance spark plug wires
• Design Engineering, Inc. Protect-A-Boot sleeves
Performed by us:
• Whipple Superchargers 2.9L Gen-IV W175FF supercharger system (customer supplied)
• Whipple Superchargers 4" upper supercharger pulley
• Siemens Deka Fuel Injectors 63 lb/hr fuel injectors
• NGK Spark Plugs TR6 spark plugs
With the mechanical work wrapped up by Alex in the shop, Matt strapped her down to the rollers for Vlad to perform a custom calibration via HP Tuners. The results? 592.52whp & 547.68lbft on 93 octane!
With the added power under the hood, Jesse can fully immerse himself in not only the vicious growl of the LS3 6.2L V8, but also the sweet sweet whine of the Whipple 2.9L W175FF supercharger system, all the while manually shifting all six gears though the Tremec Transmissions TR6060, fully creating an intoxicating experience that Jesse will be sure to enjoy.