There’s always some enthusiasts who connect with a specific car and just develop a passion that brings that model to the absolute pinnacle of their vision. We’ve seen it all the time, from domestics to imports. Every car enthusiast makes this connection to some extent.
One prime example of this is Bryan. Bryan loves Foxbody Mustangs more than almost anyone does, we’re willing to bet. When Bryan first came to us, he had a plan for not one, but two Foxbody builds, a 1989 and a 1993, with distinctly different visions for both. The best of both worlds if you will. We couldn’t have been more excited to take these on and bring this twin Foxbody vision to life.
First up, this absolutely stunning 1989 model year, was to be a simple build with ties to the OEM nostalgic setup, but with the addition of a built transmission and some boost! Putting the pressure down on the 5.0L 302 is a Vortech Superchargers V-3 Si-Trim Supercharger System.
Bringing life to the motor setup, we swapped out the injectors and spark plugs, using NGK and Ford Racing parts, including Ford Racing 47lb EV6 fuel injectors with a Brian Tooley Racing EV1 to EV6 adapter for proper fitting without having to modify the factory wiring harness.
To beef up the drivetrain while running through the gears, we reached out to the team at Monster Transmission & Performance to help Bryan with a heavy duty 4 Speed AOD Transmission. To compliment this truly monster gearbox, we upgraded all the components surrounding, from an ATP Automotive flex plate to pedal and shift linkage bushings from Dorman Products. All the epic parts in the world can’t do their best if the support for them is aged and worn!
To keep this Fox breathing clear, we swapped out the headers and X-Pipe for some quality parts from the team at BBK Performance Parts. To keep everything regulated, the radiator and thermostat were replaced and upgraded with a Motorad 180 thermostat and Mishimoto aluminum radiator with a dual fan system from Ron Francis Wiring to keep the air flowing and the engine cool.
With the mechanical work wrapped up in the shop by John, Matt strapped her down to the rollers for Vlad to perform a custom calibration via SCT Performance! With 93 octane in the tank and the Vortech V-3 Si delivering ~8psi, Vlad increased the 5.0L HO 302's output to a solid 306.43whp & 359.59lbft!
Next up is Bryan’s 1993 Foxbody Mustang SVT, getting set for an Edelbrock supercharged Coyote swap and 9 inch rear! We can’t wait to see these two together when they’re both finished. More progress coming soon, so stay tuned for updates!
For a closer look at this build, take a look at the full gallery below.
Reach out to National Speed today to see what we can do for you!
Full modification list performed by us below:
- Vortech Superchargers V-3 Si-Trim supercharger system
- Brian Tooley Racing EV1 to EV6 adapter
- Ford Racing 47lb EV6 fuel injectors
- NGK Spark Plugs UR45IX spark plugs
- Ford Performance 9mm spark plug wires
- Monster Transmission & Performance 4 speed AOD heavy duty transmission
- ATP Automotive flex plate
- Dorman Products pedal and shift linkage bushings
- BBK Performance Parts 1.58" primary ID long-tube headers
- BBK Performance Parts 2.5" primary ID short mid X Pipe w catalytic converters
- UPR Products billet smog idler pulley bracket kit
- MotoRad 180° thermostat
- Mishimoto Automotive aluminum radiator
- Ron Francis Wiring dual-fan relay system
- Anchor Industries engine mounts
- All the miscellaneous OEM maintenance items and aftermarket components required for installation