On this edition of Whipple Wednesday, Keith is back for another round of work, this time with his 2017 Ram 1500 Sublime Sport! Previously here with his 2019 Dodge SRT Hellcat Redeye, Keith wanted to add some fun to his daily driver, one to match his weekend toy, in the form of some BOOST!
Modifications performed below:
• Whipple Superchargers Stage-II 2.9L W175AX twin-screw system
• Whipple Superchargers upgraded Crusher 109mm air-intake system
• Whipple Superchargers supplied fuel injectors
• Whipple Superchargers air-to-water intercooler system
• NGK Spark Plugs LZTR7AIX-13 spark plugs
• MSD Performance fuel pump voltage booster
• Stainless Works 1.825" primary ID long-tube headers w/high-flow catalytic converters
• Borla Exhaust S-Type cat-back exhaust system
• MotoRad 180° thermostat
• HP Tuners unlocked ECU
• All the miscellaneous OEM and aftermarket components to bring it all together.
With the mechanical work wrapped up in the shop by Andrew, Matt strapped her down to the rollers for Vlad to perform a custom calibration via HP Tuners. With the Whipple 2.9L delivering ~8psi, Vlad increased the 5.7L's output to 457.32whp & 469.62lbft! A killer increase in power that Keith is sure to enjoy!