Jim brought us his 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T with two goals in mind, improve the Hemi growl and get the 5.7L sitting over the 400whp mark!
Up first in the shop, John removed the factory ECU so that it could be overnighted to HP Tuners and unlocked for calibration, and then moved on to tearing the Challenger down for some engine work in preparation for letting those bald eagles fly! Modifications below:
Performed by us:
• COMP Cams stage 2 HRT 220/230 Hydraulic Roller VVT camshaft
• COMP Cams phase-limiter kit
• COMP Cams pushrods
• COMP Cams valve-lock set
• COMP Cams sprint seats
• COMP Cams 7-degree steel retainers
• COMP Cams valve springs
• COMP Cams positive stop PTFE valve seals
• OEM Mopar Hellcat lifters
• OEM Hellcat engine oil pump
• MDS delete utilizing OEM Mopar components
• NGK Spark Plugs LZTR5AIX-13 spark plugs
• Milodon 160° Thermostat
• Stainless Works 1.875" Primary ID long-tube headers w/ high-flow catalytic converters
• HP Tuners smart access cable
• All the miscellaneous OEM and aftermarket odds-and-ends to bring it all together.
• Mopar air-intake system
• Ported throttle body
With the mechanical work wrapped up in the shop by Alex, Matt strapped her down to the rollers for Vlad to perform a custom calibration via HP Tuners. With 93 octane in the tank, Vlad increased the 5.7L's output to 427.71whp & 418.74lbft! With an initial baseline of 360.07whp & 393.16, this '18 Challenger R/T got a nice jump in power that Jim is sure to enjoy!