GReddy has just released the Greddy Type-RZ Blow off valve, which is to replace the current Type RS and is similar to the Type-S.
GReddy Blow Off Valves are easily adjustable to eliminate compressor surge and preventing premature boost leakage, while increasing boost response between shifts. Each valve is made of durable cast and billet aluminum frame and the valve to diaphragm ratio provides performance that cheap piston types cannot offer. The spring stiffness adjustment screw and the three different sizes give the GReddy user the option to match vehicles with mild upgrades to heavily tuned engines.
Type RZ Features:
- High capacity performance in a compact frame.
- 8 Discharge ports for improved sounds.
- New 40mm valve coated with hard anodizing to withstand friction, maintain an airtight seal and increase durability.
- A Bellofram diaphragm is used to ensure optimum valve movement.
- Quick response due to a shorter valve stroke and upper housing.
- Dual Spring system, preventing premature discharge under high boost.
- Spring tension is adjustable to suit mass applications.
- Identical mounting flange as the Type-S and Type-RS.
The GReddy Type-RZ BOV is essentially the same as the current Type-RS, but looks more attractive and has a larger diameter valve.
List price is $236.00, but expect the best price in the market at National Speed. Initially, these will be a limited product run of only 100 units nation wide, but I don’t forsee this lasting too long. Get ’em while you can!